- The PAAB oversees the ZAPB’s adherence to its due process and governance
- The ZAPB is independent of the PAAB in its technical decision-making
- The PAAB “host” the ZAPB by giving it office space and other facilities such as HR
Independent endorsement , adoption of standards and influencing activities
- ZAPB’s delegated statutory functions are to:
- Endorse and adopt international accounting standards , international standards on auditing and international public sector accounting standards when they meet certain criteria for prescription by PAAB in accordance with section 44 (2) (a)of the PAA Act.
- Carry-out influencing activities relating to the development of global international financial reporting standards, international standards on auditing ,international public sector accounting standards and other accountancy reporting standards.
ZAPB Structure Diagram