The PAAB’s key Audit Quality Monitoring Unit (AQMU) responsibilities are:
- To carry out audit quality inspections of registered audit firms and audit engagements
- To liaise and cooperate with other African and International auditing regulations enforcement bodies
- To examine mechanisms that audit firms have in place with respect to rotation of engagement partners for PIE clients.
- To examine compliance with requirements around granting access to all relevant information concerning the audited entity to the incoming auditor, where an audit firm is being replaced by another registered audit firm.
- Advising the Minister on auditing matters